Tuesday 23 April 2013

Beautiful Disaster

Rodeo Show lace dress and leather skirt, Cameo floral bomber, Jeffrey Campbell crochet litas, Michael Kors watch

The days are getting shorter and the nights colder; I can safely say now that Autumn is finally here. Possibly the most wondrous part about this time of year, is how leaves turn into beautiful warm shades of red, orange and yellow. That fascinates me. It was raining on and off the morning we shot this, leaving a cold tinge in the air, yet something quietly refreshing - you know that feeling of stepping outside just after it rains? I love how this outfit comes together - the ever so romantic juxtaposition of lace and leather, and the added interest of this semi-sheer bomber. (I did warn you about my growing attraction to bomber jackets, didn't I?) The song Beautiful Disaster has also been playing in my head as I write this and for some reason seems weirdly fitting - I blame that on my recent evenings spent with The Voice.

Photos by Thomas Lo
 [ facebook  / twitter / instagram ]

9 comments:

  1. Love the first shot of you! :) Too pretty :)

    I miss Autumn, possibly my favourite season of the year

    x
    Kim
    accidental encounters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I know! Lovely in-between weather before it gets all gloomy and dreary in winter, haha x

      Delete
  2. i really like your lace top! i just realized that you live in australia when I read that autumn arrived at ur place.
    i've never been to australia and would love to go there sometime =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it too! It's actually a dress which I've sneakily worn as a top :) oh yes I do live in Australia, definitely make down under part of your travel plans at some point - it'll be worth it x

      Delete
  3. love this outfit, every piece is so on point! this is a killer look
    i've been to australia 3 times to visit family, always during the winter (our summer). autumn must be beautiful!

    xo freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you love it! Autumn is beautiful though sometimes weather is a little fickle and it doesn't really transition properly.. but that's Melbourne for you :) x

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the lace top and shoes together. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesss, gorgeous jacket.
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog!! Its so cute!

    Im also a melbourne blogger and I love how I can totally relate to your clothing choices when thinking about the autumn weather! (Wearing multiple layers and jumpers!!)

    Cant wait to see more of your style!

    found your blog from Zanita's post on MBFW!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! x