Tuesday 7 August 2012

WANDERING LONDON


Given it was probably my favourite day in London, I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to get this post up! Determined to put my last Sunday there to good use, I spent the day venturing around the Eastern neighbourhoods. First stop: Columbia Road flower market! A lane packed full of florals of all kinds, and an assortment of cafes and homeware stores on either side. And when you got to the end, an indie-jazz duo playing just the perfect tunes for the uber chilled atmosphere. If only I had an imaginary apartment to scatter little floral bundles around..


Following that I headed down to Brick Lane and Old Spitafields Market, stopping at every single indie store and handwritten food sign along the way. Think the Camberwell Market spread out over at least 3 suburbs. I was absolutely enthralled by the sheer amount and mix of vintage goodness, boutiques and food around me. Everything from lamb koftas and filled bagels (or beigels, as the above sign reads) from street stalls at the Brick Road Food Market, to this warehouse-like space called Boiler House that had just about every cuisine you could think of. As busy as it was, it made for a leisurely Sunday wander, and my only lament was that I couldn't try every single delicious looking thing I saw.. Definitely showed me a different, more colourful and laidback side to London, which I loved and am so glad I discovered. It's not all about the palaces and bridges, folks!

So that was a quick summary to officially end my globetrotting for awhile now.. and I can't wait to tick off more places on my travel list! What's on your's?


facebook / tumblr / twitter ]

1 comment:

  1. London looks amazing, definitely on my list along with France, Spain, Monte Carlo and Morocco. Would love to go there!

    Xx
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! x